Sunday, January 10, 2010

French Country Crepes

This morning for breakfast I made some crepes. They were better than usual because I made them with rich fresh organic raw milk courtesy of Misty Brook Farm out in Barre. I had to add a little extra water because the batter was so thick. We had them with lemon and sugar and for the second round (I doubled the recipe)we melted some chocolate and spread it on. If you have some fresh fruit around you can cut it up, sprinkle on the sugar and dab with butter. Roll or fold them up and enjoy! They are wholesome and filling. I used to buy them from kiosks in the south of France and where I grew up in Ouchy we had a Creperie down by the Lake where you could get crepes of every variety you could imagine.Yummmmmmmmmmm....

Basic Crepe Recipe

1 cup of flour
2 eggs
1 cup of milk
1/4 cup of water
Pinch salt
2 tablespoons sugar
2 tablespoons butter

Mix together by hand or in blender. You can make them in a regular frying pan but if you are going to make them regularly you will find a crepe pan a good investment. Always melt some butter and swirl it around to coat the pan before adding the batter.

No comments:

Post a Comment